Thursday, September 10

Girls, please stop obsessing about the opposite sex. Seems like I've heard a lot of complaints about it lately and it makes me really sad. It makes me sad how much precious time and energy are wasted on analyzing the other sex. I don't think it's very productive because 1. you know their thought process is not 1/2 as complicated as yours (no offense to men, but just saying that actions are not always thought out hours ahead); 2. it usually doesn't get anywhere because a lot of thinking goes into analyzing, but not much is put into action; 3. it just makes you feel bad about yourself.

It makes me disappointed to see girls so critical on themselves when guys are not even critical on them. It's ironic because I do think guys appreciate girls that are independent and confident. But since when did we let guys define our value? In an era when we're economically independent, why are we still so emotional dependent? Why are we still so weak?

I'm not saying we should remain single forever. I'm quite the proponent of love. But I just dislike some of the approaches I see. A lot of thinking and not a lot of doing. And way too much self-doubt and skepticism. Can we be more bold? More straight-forward? I don't blame guys for not understanding us. I just wish we could put all our energy to good use, like hobbies and girlfriends, and more important things in the world like the healthcare reform -- anything but looking inside for reasons that guys might not like us. It's both narcissistic and self-critical.

I realize that I probably shouldn't speak. I overthink myself a lot. But I know how refreshing it is to not talk about boys once in a while, and how being around people who do enjoy talking about boys obsessively makes me fall easily into the trap of letting out all my complaints too. There's nothing worse than two girls positively feedbacking on negative views of boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home