Wednesday, January 9

long train-rides make me pensive

jan 6, 2008, sunday. it's 8:30 am michigan time and i've been on the train since 6:53. tried to sleep but failed even though i barely slept at all last night. i don't know why, i can never sleep the night before i go back to school. i've never felt so sad to leave as i did this time. i don't know if i'll be returning to that house on shrewsbury drive next time i leave chicago. will i be going "home" to a ghetto cramped apartment in brooklyn?! i don't know. i must say i didn't stop learning during break. any time spent with my family matures and attaches me a little bit more. through heart-felt talks, i got to know my mom , and - through her - my dad more. all this time i've really underrated my parents' relationship. i never understood it. i realize how much i admire it right now, how romantic and fated their union is. my parents have such a bond that even now, when mom talks about dad, she sounds like a young girl. it's like talking to a girlfriend. i never thanked her for the talks but i think she could tell i was highly amused. and i'm gonna miss mark to death.

1 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

hooray! you're posting regularly...at least more so than in the past. i love the new look

1/14/2008 3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home